Host Your Website on AWS for Free – 2021
AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a cloud computing provider that offers over 200 fully featured services including computing, storage, networking, database, analytics, application services, deployment, management, machine learning, mobile, developer tools, and tools for the Internet of Things.
As a simple use case, you can fire up a virtual machine (VM) or server anywhere in the world on their immense network of globally located data centres and use it to launch your website, application or mobile app.
If you have been wanting to jump onto the cloud bandwagon but unsure how to go about it, the first and easiest step could be to migrate your website.
Here are a few reasons why you should choose AWS Cloud for your website hosting needs:
- AWS is the world’s leading cloud provider, that offers simple, pay-as-you-go pricing. No upfront investment to start using the services
- You can spin up a server virtually within minutes (called EC2), located in a geography of your choice anywhere in the world, from the comforts of your home
- They offer complementary solutions such as a Content Delivery Network (CDN) called CloudFront, that helps store cached content and deliver it to your users from a proxy server nearest to your user
- The Domain Name System and DNS Manager (Route53) is one of the most robust in the world, with prices as low as $.5 per (INR 36.88) hosted zone
- Those with large amount of static content or large databases, can make use of managed services such as S3 and RDS respectively
- What’s more! They offer a generous AWS Free Tier for one full year, that covers resources for almost any cloud use-case you might have
- Expect fast response times for your website hosting, world-class infrastructure, 99.99% uptime SLAs and more
- It’s secure – while you have full control over the security measures to be taken for your website or application, the team at AWS takes care of security of all the underlying infrastructure, making it a hassle free experience for you
- When it comes to security, once hosted on AWS, you can also generate and implement free SSL Certificates and encrypt your data during transit, using their Certificate Manager
- For those who want a complete ‘managed’ experience and want to leave nothing to chance, services like Amazon Lightsail are designed to provide tailor made, guided implementation for your workload. For e.g. Host your WordPress website on AWS, or, run your simple application with pre-configured development stacks like LAMP, NGINX, MEAN, and Node.js.
At CodeCulture Technologies, we understand that for those wanting to start out or just beginning to explore the cloud, some of the above information may seem tad overwhelming. And we’re here to solve just that – make your adoption of cloud simple and uncomplicated.
And for that very reason, we follow a simple, template based structure to deploy some of the simpler applications such as website hosting, that businesses can deploy on the cloud, with minimal hassles. This helps businesses in multiple ways:
- Get used to cloud native environments
- Understand the pricing dynamics and cost structures
- Get a feel of performance of their cloud workloads, versus previous setup
- Understand the various components that are to be configured, implemented and used for the service
- Plan and prioritise their cloud transformation journey
Who can reach out to us for any Cloud related discussion?
- IT Managers and Businesses owners looking to explore the AWS Cloud
- CTOs and Finance professionals wondering if the cloud can help them reduce costs
- Companies that currently have website hosting on their premises or data centres and want to move to the cloud for better control, agility and costs
How long does it take to get things done (e.g. host a Website) on AWS?**
- A WordPress website can be installed, migrated, configured and taken live in less than 30 minutes
- You can create a bucket to store or backup your data on S3, in less than 5 minutes!
- You can spin up a virtual server (VM) in less than 2 minutes
- You can generate install an SSL certificate on your Domain in less than 3 minutes!
** Estimates for basic plain deploys. May vary from case-to-case.